He’s a leader, a guide and a decision maker. To mixed martial arts in his home country of Brazil, the most fertile market in the world for this fledgling sport, Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira is ‘The Godfather.’ The former Pride and UFC champion is the leader of UFC superstars like pound-for-pound weapon Anderson Silva, the guide to a new generation of exciting fight superstars, and a decision maker for a growing business empire. Fighters Only was granted an exclusive audience with the man and now shows you a side of the international hero so few ever see. Only inside this edition, a fight legend so many thought was finished, recounts how he pulled Anderson Silva from obscurity and made him a star, and unveils a surprise desire to regain UFC gold – with one Junior Dos Santos-sized caveat. Does he have your loyalty?
And! Johny Hendricks has punched through Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck and Martin Kampmann to finally be clocked as a contender in the UFC welterweight division. FO digs into the past with the NCAA wrestling champ and discovers how distaste for grappling nearly changed his life forever. Plus! Forget long-winded 25-minute marathons, in the crazy, upset-ridden world of mixed martial arts, one round can change everything. It can alter opinion, bend perceptions and break preconceptions. From the WEC, to Strikeforce, to Pride, to the UFC, and to Bellator and beyond, FO presents 20 of the best five-minute melees in MMA history.
– Bonus Kings: Why certain UFC scrappers have forgotten about championships in favour of fortune.
– Why UFC commentator Kenny Florian wouldn’t pick doppelganger Ben Stiller as his movie double, and how José Aldo tasted defeat for the only time in his career
– Stacked with MMA’s biggest stars: Tito Ortiz, Lyoto Machida, Miesha Tate, Renan Barao, Eddie Alvarez, John Makdessi, Thiago Tavares, Che Mills, Rob Emerson, Erik Perez, David Mitchell, John Lineker, David Terrell, UFC exec Marshall Zelaznik, and TUF Smashes beauty Kristie McKeon
– Nine Training Gems You Don’t Use: Strength secrets to get you ahead.
– How to fight like UFC heavyweight big man Junior Dos Santos, soup up your suplexes and take the fight from the clinch to the floor.
– Punching fighters in the nuts – five minutes with UFC site coordinator Burt Watson.
Now available from Morrisons, Tesco, WH Smith, Asda and all good newsagents within the UK.