Photo by UFC
UFC on Fox 3 was far from being one of Ultimate’s most exciting nights. However, this Saturday night show, in New Jersey, United States, had some exciting bouts.
The main event was the biggest one. Nate Diaz and Jim Miller had a tight fight with much trade of punches, provocations that led to Cesar Gracie’s pupil’s win, giving Miller his first lost via submission.
Despite the good duels it was not a good night for the Brazilians. That’s because Rousimar Palhares didn’t make it on the first round against Alan Belcher, being defeated by TKO. Another Brazilian star, John Lineker was slated for the preliminary card and was not happy on his UFC debut, even not being intimidated by its greatness. Lineker was actually doing good against Louis Gaudinot but was switched off with a guillotine choke applied by the American fighter on the second round.
UFC on FOX 3
New Jersey, United States
Saturday, May 5th of 2012
– Nate Diaz submitted Jim Miller with a guillotine choke at R2;
– Johny Hendricks defeated Josh Koscheck on a split decision of the judges;
– Alan Belcher defeated Rousimar Palhares by TKO at R1;
– Lavar Johnson defeated Pat Barry by TKO at R1
– Michael Johnson defeated Tony Ferguson on a unanimous decision of the judges;
– John Dodson defeated Tim Elliott on a unanimous decision of the judges;
– John Hathaway defeated Pascal Krauss on a unanimous decision of the judges;
– Louis Gaudinot submitted John Lineker with a guillotine choke at R2;
– Danny Castillo defeated John Cholish on a unanimous decision of the judges;
– Dennis Bermudez defeated Pablo Garza on a unanimous decision of the judges;
– Roland Delorme submitted Nick Denis with a rear naked choke at R1;
– Karlos Vemola submited Mike Massenzio with a rear naked choke at R2.